The Global College of Business and Technology has designed the following Admission Requirements in compliance with section 5(c) of the Private Vocational Training Regulation in Alberta, Canada.
General Qualifications for International Student
- Applicant is not a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- Must obtain a valid Study Permit
- Must be at least Senior High School Graduate (equivalent to Canada’s Grade 12 level of education)
- Must be 19 years old or older prior to applying
- Authenticated copy of Transcript of Records
- A copy of the Credentials Assessment Results (e.g WES)
- Two copies of a passport size recently taken photo
- A copy of a Valid passport (bio page)
For international students whose English is not their first language. They must take the English Language Proficiency Exam. The exam is called the Pearson Level Test of English Proficiency.
This language assessment tool is offered by Pearson where the College secured a purchase agreement. The test assesses the student in four skills: Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking. It generates a Global Scale of English (GSE) general score with a Canadian Language Benchmark. The minimum GSE score required by the College is 51 which is equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7.
International Students who wish to register under Global College programs must have the necessary prerequisite education and skills needed to benefit from the training. The Applicant should submit the following documentary requirements to the College’s Mailing Address:
Global College of Business & Technology
Suite 229, 495 36 Street, NE
T2A 6K3, Canada
2. Authenticated copy of Transcript of Records (All Credentials must be translated into English and must be equivalent to at least Grade 12 level in Canada)
3. Original copy of Credentials Assessment Results (WES)
4. Two copies of a passport size recently taken photo
5. A copy of a Valid Passport (bio page)
Credential Evaluation Services
World Education Services (WES) is North America’s trusted leader in credential evaluation services. They evaluate international educational qualifications. Their industry-standard reports are recognized by thousands of academic institutions, licensing bodies, and employers throughout the U.S. and Canada. For more information, visit their website at https://www.wes.org/ca/.
To view the admission process, click here.